Dr. Shuryo Fujita
- Assistant Professor, Department of Criminal Justice
- Curriculum Vitae (Adobe PDF)
- 2011 Ph.D., Criminal Justice – Rutgers University, Newark, NJ.
- 2003 M.A., Criminal Justice – California State University, San Bernardino.
- 2000 B.S., Criminal Justice – Southeast Missouri State University, Cape Girardeau.
Dr. Fujita’s expertise concerns the analysis of repeat and near-repeat patterns of crime through the application of GIS, with special emphasis on the analysis of motor vehicle theft. He is also interested in visualizing data to communicate complex information/ideas simply and efficiently. Prior to joining CSUSB as a faculty member, Dr. Fujita worked as a crime analyst at the Rutgers Police Institute, providing technical assistance, training, and consulting services for local law enforcement agencies. He also developed and taught courses on crime analysis/mapping and database management at State University of New York at Farmingdale.
- Motor vehicle theft
- Spatiotemporal analysis of crime
- Data visualization
- Problem-oriented policing
- CPTED and Situational crime prevention
- Email: email@example.com
- Office Location: Social Behavioral Sciences (SB) 209D
- Phone: 909-537-4319
- CJUS 311: Research Methods
- CJUS 312: Statistics in Criminal Justice